One of the questions I get most often is “Am I an indigo adult“?
I can understand why the question is being asked.
There are so many sources claiming to know the characteristics of an indigo adult.
Each one of these sources has a different set of characteristics.
This lady thinks that indigo only came to this planet after 1978.
Nancy Ann Tappe, who wrote the book Understanding Your Life Through Color, states in her book that she started to see kids with indigo auras (which she had never seen before) in the 1960′s.
Some think that there were a few indigos throughout time, and then in the last 30 years more and more have been arriving to help shift the planet into a more positive vibration.
Here’s my answer to, “What do I think are indigo adults characteristics?” and “Am I and indigo?”
To be honest, I don’t know.
I sometimes question myself and think it is crazy that I am writing a website called The Indigo Adults. What gives me the right or the authority, especially if I’m questioning whether I am one?
Should I have some Kirlian photography taken? Should I post a picture of myself on the blog and let the readers decide?
I am willing to do all this stuff.
And if it is discovered that I am, in fact, NOT an indigo adult that would be ok with me.
And, quite frankly, after writing on this blog/website since 2009 on a weekly basis, that would definitely give me less work, and save me time and some money in domain costs.
But the end of the day, in my heart of hearts, I DO think I am an indigo. Here are the characteristics that make me believe it is so.
- I remember the non physical realm – not having a body – and, quite frankly, I miss that state a lot.
- As a young child, I was asking some pretty high level questions. I understood that all things had an energy and vibration, and that you could effect that vibration with your thoughts.
- Also, as a young child, I instinctively knew how to perform healings. I don’t remember these instances, but have been told by my parents about placing hands on people without anyone telling me to do that and then them feeling better.
- I would meet people and think to myself, “That person has got to be indigo” but then that person would say to me, “You’ve got this energy about you” (not meant as a pickup or anything) or people who would just flat out say to me, “You’re an indigo, right?” without having previously had any conversation about anything indigo related or energetic/vibrationally related or anything that would hint that that was even a ‘thing’
- I have always had an interest in energy, magic, vibration, healing, psychic abilities… all of that esoteric stuff has always fascinated me
- As I got older, in a very Harry Potter-ish sort of way, weird things would happen. I would get angry and things would just break when I touched them. I could feel people thinking about me. I would do a ritual to clear energy and it would change physical circumstances. It fascinated me, but I was not good at controlling it, which was probably why I had an interest in all the esoteric stuff mentioned above.
- Most significant, when I became a massage therapist, I would put my hands on people and feel pain in my body. I would ask the client if there was discomfort in the place I was feeling the pain in my body and the answer was always yes. This is how I found out I was a physical empath. Since then, I have discovered that I am also an emotional empath and intellectual empath.
- I have always had a desire to better the world. ALWAYS. And I feel strongly that the energetic/vibrational level is best level for indigos to target when bringing good into the world because we understand the energetic realm.
That’s it. That’s my reasoning, FOR ME. That’s what I think about when I question myself.
But when I write about indigo adult characteristics today, from a general standpoint, I narrow it down to 2 points:
- Abilities, awareness and understandings about the energetic/vibrational/”invisible” world that most ‘mainstream’ people are not tapped into
- A desire to heal and bring peace and joy to the planet and to use one’s gifts to do so.
So, maybe I am an indigo and maybe I’m not. Maybe I’m just an empath that has mistaken herself for some trendy label that makes her feel special (really, it doesn’t).
But I have gotten enough blog comments and emails to say that I AM in fact helping. The intention of this site has always been to serve a specific community that I feel could use some guidance in a way that I wish I was guided when I was younger. Being in my 30′s now and having some understanding of my abilities, perhaps I can help others to understand themselves better or to be better at using their gifts so that they may help others.
I write about the things that I had questions about when I was younger and didn’t fully understand my abilities. I write about things that I think will serve and interest this community.
So, to a certain degree, I’m saying, “Who Cares whether or not you are an indigo”.
The term “indigo children” or “indigo adult” has allowed you to find like-minded people who understand what it is like to experience the world from a perspective of vibration and energy. You have found like-minded people who will honor your abilities rather than judge them, and who also want to have a positive impact on the universe, like you do.
The indigo thing is just a label.
And, yes, words are powerful, but why not just decide to own it and be that powerful being that is doing good things on the planet, both in the energetic realm and in the physical world.
Then you really are embodying the term, regardless of the color of your aura.
Hope this helps. Feedback always welcome.
~ Peace ~